Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good Art VS. Bad Art

Good art to me is something that people can relate too. Something that can catch the viewers eye to the point where their mind can explore a piece of art to a never ending destination of emotions inside themselves. For example, Van Gogh's painting the Starry Night is one painting that has always and will always create this spark that forms inside of me whenever I see it. Whenever I see this painting it takes me to such an enchanted place that sometimes words cannot describe I feel about it. Something so classic and beautiful like that is my definition of good art. 


With the good always comes with the bad. Something that I might find as "bad" art maybe something absolutely beautiful to someone else. To me bad art is art that I cannot relate to at all or art that is so dull 
and boring that I wonder why people actually call it art. For example, the painting call Black Circle by Kazimir Malevich, the painting is simply a black circle with a white background. How am I suppose to relate or gather some 
type of emotion by a boring black circle. I am sure there is a meaning behind the painting that I will NEVER understand but if I cannot relate to the painting to me it is just bad art. 
Good Art
VS.
Bad Art

No comments:

Post a Comment